Ryan's fever got pretty high, even with Tylenol and Advil. I was up all night Monday, checking his temp every hour, giving him water and ice packs, medicine every 3-4 hours. He hasn't been this sick in a long time so I was pretty concerned. I had forgotten what it was like to feel that heat coming off his skin, like when he was little.
Took him to see Dr. Lisa on Tuesday, found out that he tested positive for Influenza A. H1N1 (swine flu) is a subtype of Influenza A, so he may or may not have the swine variety. Dr. Lisa said that the Department of Health asked doctors to stop sending them H1N1 tests because they were overwhelmed; they are mostly looking at people in hospitals who are really sick. Which makes me think that the numbers reported on the news are greatly understated.
He was prescribed Tami-Flu and felt better Tuesday afternoon, but on Wednesday I started feeling like I was coming down with something. Woke up Thursday with a fever, so I called our doctor and asked for a prescription of Tami-Flu for me. Darrell had gone for a check-up with a new doctor and doctor noticed that he had slight fever, but Darrell didn't think to ask for a Tami-Flu prescription. Since Friday was a holiday, couldn't get a prescription so I made Darrell take mine because he always gets sicker than me. We are all feeling better now, but not 100%. Throat is still sore, body aches from coughing. We drove out to Kailua to pick up something for dinner last night and to get out of the house, but I probably was not really ready. I couldn't eat all my dinner and was so glad to get back home.
Besides the sick aspect of the week, also had job prospects. Sunday night after getting home from the shower, we were supposed to go to Darrell's cousin Lorelei's daughter Lauren's graduation party. I was wiped out after staying up so late the past two nights and still had to take an assessment test for a hotel chain job by Monday. So since Ryan was still sleeping after coming home from Ewa, Darrell went alone to the party. I spent two hours doing the assessment test online - it showed various kinds of reports (financial, guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction) and asked questions about them. There were also situational questions to assess what type of person/manager you would be. Pretty intense. I also had a follow-up in-person interview for another job Monday afternoon. Hopefully something will come out of all of this...getting stale staying home, need to challenge my mind more.
Been watching news and videos about Michael Jackson all week...his death was such a shock.
Well, today's the 4th of July. Hopefully North Korea will not launch any missiles towards Hawaii.
What shall we do today?
No comments:
Post a Comment