So it's Sunday and I decided that we should go for a ride to the North Shore for garlic shrimp and Dole whip. There are tons of things that I really need to get done at home but thought that we should have a family outing. So off we went to Giovanni's shrimp Truck in Kahuku. Seriously, there are not very many places I would choose to drive an hour to get to, but this is one of them. So yummy! Oh, and the views along the way are pretty nice too.

.After lunch, we continued driving to
Dole Plantation because I really wanted some Dole Whip. Other than the sundry shop at the Embassy Suites Waikiki, I don't know of any other place on the island that serves it than at Dole Plantation.

Ryan was little when we first went there years ago, when the place was first built. Ryan and Kylie went through the
"World's Largest Maze." Darrell and I walked around, debated whether we should go on the train tour of the place (and decided not to), took silly pictures, and ate Dole Whip. It was nice to see how busy the place was, considering how visitors numbers have been down.
The kids gave up on the maze after an hour
and sat down for some Dole Whip, which they didn't like, unfortunately.
It wound up being a fun day. Glad we took the time to go play tourist for a little while,
No comments:
Post a Comment