Saturday, March 5, 2011

18 years ago...

...this handsome young man was born and our lives changed forever.  And the years since that March 4 have flown by.  In just a couple of months he will be graduating from high school.  He just received his Selective Service registration confirmation.  He is almost grown up.

This morning before school I made him put on this "rooster shirt."  I bought one for him and one for my dad as they were both born in the Year of the Rooster, 60 years apart.


I first took his picture in it on his first birthday (and of course I can't find it to scan it and post it now).  The plan was to take his picture in it every year on his birthday, usually holding something that interested him at the time. I was pretty good about doing this, until we moved to Oahu when he was 9. So this is the first photo in the shirt in a long time. This year's birthday gift was an iPhone 4 from Verizon, which he is holding.


As I announced to the world on Facebook, "happy 18th birthday to my son Ryan!  so proud f the man you have become but you will always be my baby!  love you!"

No comments: