I've gone through dry spells in the past few years that I've had this blog but I've been really bad the last few months, just doing one post a month.
Here are my blog post counts:
2007 - 1 post
2008 - 136 posts
2009 - 128 posts
2010 - 102 posts
2011 - 47 posts
2012 - 1 in January and this one in February (so far)
I guess life is less eventful since Ryan moved out and is away at college. We have to practically beg to see him. Though I do text him at least once a day - "night love you" - and wait for the response - "love you too" or "love you ma." I sleep better knowing he is safe.
Had a nice long weekend...three whole days off! After working every Saturday in January due to yearend closing and working late most week nights, it was a nice break. I was feeling a little down about it though, since we were slugs some of the time, lying around watching tv, reading or napping, but when I checked off what we did this weekend, we did do a bunch of things:
- Saw a great movie, "This Means War," an action-romance with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy.
- Watched "West Side Story" at Kamehameha Schools, mainly because my "other son" Ka'ala was going to be in it (even though he graduated already, he was asked back because they needed more guys). As always, they did a great job.
- Met up with alumni band parents Jane, Debbie and Curtis at the play and we went out afterwards to Kenny's for saimin and oxtail soup. So nice to see them again. Band was such a great experience, not just for the kids, but for their parents too. We made great friends and hope we'll be able to keep in touch.
- Chores-wise, just laundry and a little filing/straightening up. Much more still to do, unfortunately.
- Had dinner with my sister-in-law Candy, niece Ehu and husband Kory, and grand-nephews. Always nice to spend time with them.
- Did our taxes and resulted in refunds for Ryan and us (refreshing not to have to pay like we always do).
- Got to see Ryan, if only just to drop off Molokai bread from Aunty Candy and stuff we bought for him (spam, sponges, furikake, etc).
- And now my new favorite show is on TV: "SMASH" about two girls competing to star in a Broadway show being developed about Marilyn Monroe. Already downloaded music from the show to my iPhone. Sucks that it's on at the same time as my other favorite show "Castle" and the show I'd love to watch if it wasn't on at the same time as "Castle" --> "Hawaii Five-0."

No comments:
Post a Comment