Besides my own gift shopping I am also buying door prizes for the hotel holiday party on Monday. Work got super busy this week and so the procrastinator got stuck shopping today.
Had planned to go to a craft fair but it's always super crowded so I opted out of that. Did some shopping near to home and then actually drove all the way out to Ala Moana Center and got stuck in traffic and then wimped out. Could not deal with the crowds. Went early to my hair appointment instead and walked over to a place in Liliha I had wanted to try, just a few doors up from Jane's Fountain.
It's a small shop in the neighborhood I grew up in that serves smoothies and acai bowls and their specialty, the salted lemon drink.
It's shredded up dried lemon peel in a lemonade. Really good. I wish it was more convenient to get often.
Congratulations to Hawaii's own Marcus Mariota for winning the Heisman Trophy today! So happy for him; humble and respectful as well as an outstanding athlete. His acceptance speech was so touching.
And when I was sitting there I noticed the cart outside with papaya and bananas repurposed the old Bob's Market sign from the store a couple of doors down. Bob's Market was there when I was growing up and only shut down a few years ago. I found out that the former owner of Bob's is the mother of the owners of The Salted Lemon. It was pretty slow in there today; I hope the little shop makes it.
Decided to brave the mall to do more shopping and hit Windward Mall for dinner first. Was excited to see the new Man-ichi Ramen open in the Food Court. Unfortunately it was disappointing. $13.85 for a bowl of noodles in a greasy soup and two limp pieces of char siu. I ordered gyoza too but the girl didn't ring it up so I didn't get it. When she said $16.60 I figured it must include the gyoza! Hate to think how much the gyoza is.
Congratulations also to my dental hygienist Nicole and her new hubby who were married on this special day!
So should I wait to post this until 10:11 pm since that would mean it's 10:11 on 12/13/14?





No comments:
Post a Comment