- Darrell got a new truck - a huge white GMC Sierra Denali, to replace the bad luck Titan truck. Bad luck because it has gotten into so many accidents in the few short years we had it. I hit it with my darned Sienna van, it was the victim of a hit-and-run smash at Ala Moana Center, Darrell backed it into a lady's car, and then we got rear-ended by the rubbish truck. I told him to get rid of it already, because of all the incidents...didn't know he was going to run right out and get something right away! At least he's happy...
- My aunty whose house was robbed had a stress-induced heart attack and had to have a pacemaker put in. Luckily she is ok and will be out of the hospital soon.
- So busy at work, with end of month stuff and my assistant being out on vacation for two weeks.
- Met up with a friend from Seattle and his family who are visiting O'ahu. I met him through my old job and he helped me a lot during a transitional period, before and after the hotel was sold. Too bad the weather hasn't been the greatest...they got here last Saturday when it was raining, and there were no waves so they couldn't go surfing or canoe riding in the ocean as planned. But they had a good time anyway...hope to get to Seattle one day to visit them.
- Looking forward to seeing my best friend Karen and her family soon...they are visiting from Torrance, California. We're staying at a hotel with them this weekend, playing tourist in Waikiki.
- I noticed that on a lot of blogs, friends who read them leave comments. I finally got a comment, but I didn't recognize the sender, so I clicked on it. Turns out it was a link to a website selling stuff, not a real person! What a scam! It was so disappointing that people do stuff like that. Hopefully I have enough virus and adware protection that going to the website didn't download a bunch of sh*t to my laptop.
- Vog (volcanic haze + fog) has been bad the last couple of days...traveling from the Big Island to O'ahu. Driving down Likelike Hwy this morning towards town, you could hardly see downtown Honolulu, the vog was so thick.
- Ry and the KS band marched in the Hawai'i Invitational "Salute to Youth" parade on March 28. Neat to watch them while standing right on Kalakaua Ave. in front of my hotel. Ry arranged to be on the end so we could see him.
- Aloha Airlines shut down abruptly on March 31. It's so sad, everyone here knows someone affected by it. Then a couple of days later, ATA shut down too. Not a good time for travelers...lots of stranded people, especially today since American Airlines cancelled 1,000 flights. Don't know how the loss of airline seats will affect our economy...it hasn't been a good year so far.
- Love to watch: "Dancing With the Stars" (Go Kristi Yamaguchi!), "Medium," "NCIS" and "Jon & Kate Plus 8." Looking forward to new episodes of other shows coming up soon: "Desperate Housewives," "Brothers & Sisters," "Grey's Anatomy" and "Lost."
- Gotta dye my hair...the grays are really noticeable, especially since a lot of them are in one place, right above my forehead. I look like a skunk, with a white streak. Had my photo taken and was shocked at how much white was showing. And my boss noticed from ACROSS THE ROOM, mentioning to me that she was considering not dying her hair anymore, seeing that I'm so brave to let my gray show. Not brave, just LAZY.
- Darrell got some gardenias from our neighbor and he put them in the bathroom. Got a call from Ryan yesterday, while he was sitting in the bathroom, to tell me that the gardenias smelled nice! Funny that he noticed...always funny that he thinks nothing about calling from the bathroom.
Blogger is acting up...had to type the last few random things several times when I got kicked out!
No comments:
Post a Comment