Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving

We went to Hawaii Prince Hotel's Prince Court for Thanksgiving brunch again.  Craig called six months ago to get a reservation as it is always sold out.  I think we like this buffet the best...the variety is amazing and it's not as expensive as a lot of the other hotels.


We missed having Craig's dad there this year...Craig had made the reservation a while ago so it included Mr. Park. We had an empty space at the table.

On the way home we stopped at Zippy's Kaneohe as Mom and Dad had ordered a half turkey meal-to-go for dinner.  They had a tent set up in the parking lot next to a refrigerated truck.  They handed me the box with the turkey and fixings (mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce) and a bag with a pumpkin pie and I turned around to go to the car and went DOWN HARD.  There was a safety cone either weighted down or nailed to the ground in front of the tent and I didn't notice it going in and wasn't looking down going out since I was carrying the food.  When I tripped over it, it might have been ok if it had fallen over but since it was anchored, it blocked me and I couldn't keep myself from falling.  I fell on my left knee and got abrasions through my long pants and since I also tried to break my fall with my right hand, that got scraped up as well.  A few days later, my wrist is still funky from hitting the ground but my knee is ok.  They fetched the manager and tried to get me to fill out an accident report then but I felt woozy and thought I was going to faint from the pain.  Just went home to lie down and clean up my wounds.

Dad wound up having to heat up the turkey dinner himself and Ryan made the green bean casserole.  Luckily I made the pumpkin crunch cake the night before so it all worked out.

No comments: