It was fairly easy to do, with voting machines. There was a dial to move the cursor to your choice before hitting an [enter] button. No touch screen but it seemed pretty sophisticated, more modern than filling in the bubble with a pen or pressing the punch to make a hole. Will be so glad when elections are done...besides the ugly signs all over the place, the ads are so tiresomely nasty. The debates have been pretty lively though.
Since we were going to be looking for somewhere to have breakfast anyways, we decided to try the restaurant at the golf course, Fatboy's Fairway Bistro. Darrell had the "Kamehameha" - three eggs, bacon, portugese sausage and corned beef hash patty with rice and toast. I had the loco moco with the egg on the side. It was ok, and we'll probably go back because the lunch and dinner menus look promising and it's nice to have a little variety from Zippy's and L&L.
I post way too many pictures of food on Facebook. Looks like all we do is eat. Or we have such an unexciting life that going out to eat is the only thing I have to post about. Probably both.
Love seeing the Ko'olau Mountains! This was the view outside the restaurant. Don't get to see them that often since when I leave home for work it's dark and when I come home it's dark. And when I do have a chance to look, I forget to appreciate the view.
When we got to the car we found some idiot parked like this next to us. Mr. Acura TL Owner, with such a nice car you should take some care to park better. I had to climb into the drivers seat from the passenger side. And there was so much room on the other side of his car.
Headed to Longs to order Darrell's medications and saw this. Wow, hope UH made a lot of money from licensing. I've seen shirts, visors, cups, towels, etc. but this was the first time I saw candy (Russell Stover).
Got home and meant to go to a craft fair and Ala Moana but wound up on the couch and napped for a straight hour sitting up and occasionally waking myself up by snoring. Must have been pretty tired from voting and eating.
Never got out of the house because when I woke up it was time for the UH - Colorado State football game on TV from Fort Collins. Wanted to watch because a friend's daughter goes there and wanted to see if I could find her in the stands. (Don't laugh...Ryan's former girlfriend went to the Boise State game last season and I saw her twice on TV because they were sitting in the UH section and there weren't many people there to cheer UH on. Whenever UH did something good the camera went to that section.) And the Warriors were doing so well at the beginning. But like I said on Facebook, "same story, different location." Score wound up being 42-27 CSU, so painful to watch. And like my dad said, CSU tried very hard to help UH out, turning over the ball so many times, but it still ended the same.
Then we spent the rest of the evening watching this on the news. When we went out to pick up food for dinner, my iPhone alerted me that there had been an earthquake in Canada but NO tsunami was generated. Then around 7:30, the National Weather Service alert came on the TV and said there was a tsunami warning, with 10:28 pm as the time it was predicted to hit Hawaii. It wouldn't be as bad as what hit Japan in March 2011, but was still expected. Darrell called his family on Molokai to make sure they had heard since they live near the ocean. I called Ryan, only to find out that he had gone to a concert on Kapiolani Blvd. I tried to get him to turn around and go home, but since they had already bought tickets and parked, he wasn't having it. I was worried, especially with the sirens going off and the concert venue being in an inundation zone. He told me that the venue was going to shut down and send everyone home but it wound up staying open, only shutting down when the performer lost his shoes, got mad and ended the show. He texted me once he got home, around 11:30 pm, but by then it looked like there wasn't going to be a big impact after all. Ryan made fun of me this morning, saying "oooh, it was so scary" but whatever, better safe and drowned. I could finally go to sleep knowing he was home.
Hopefully I can keep up blogging, going back to all that I missed during my "hiatus." It was interesting going back to read what I had written before...so many details that would have been long forgotten had I not written them down. I was reading my cousin's blog about her baby girl and I so wish that blogging or Facebook had been an option back when Ryan was little. I would have captured so much of our lives. I think Ryan does realize how much of his life I've recorded through pictures though...he was saying that there's hardly a record of his first year out of high school because I wasn't there with my camera always taking pictures.





No comments:
Post a Comment