Attended Darrell cousin Nalani's wedding to her fiance Tad at Point Panic, Kakaako Waterfront Park, overlooking the ocean. Then right after the ceremony began, it began to pour. Luckily they had provided umbrellas for their guests.
And these rainbows showed up behind them. Double blessings!
The reception was at La Mariana Sailing Club, a "tiki bar" on Sand Island Access Road. That family is so talented; the grandkids all got up to sing. It was a nice party, intimate as they had bought out the entire restaurant and filled it with family and friends.
The reception was at La Mariana Sailing Club, a "tiki bar" on Sand Island Access Road. That family is so talented; the grandkids all got up to sing. It was a nice party, intimate as they had bought out the entire restaurant and filled it with family and friends.
We missed going to the UH Rainbow Invitational and the Mililani Band Fest, the last two band tournaments of the season. Well, we didn't make a huge lot of effort to go. Ryan wasn't performing at the Rainbow Invitational and we had the wedding to go to instead of Mililani.
We had gone to Kamehameha's Tournament of Bands last weekend to support. We sat near some Castle High School Band supporters and they were grumbling about the food. I didn't say anything but I got a little mad because I worked on TOB for four years and know all the work that goes into it; Castle doesn't do anything like it and has a tiny band that just does exhibition shows and does not compete. So there! Hahaha!
Today the Mililani tournament was on TV so we watched a bit, even though we had seen the shows at TOB already. Guess you can get out of band but it's hard to get band out of you! I'm still interested in what the bands are doing.
We had gone to Kamehameha's Tournament of Bands last weekend to support. We sat near some Castle High School Band supporters and they were grumbling about the food. I didn't say anything but I got a little mad because I worked on TOB for four years and know all the work that goes into it; Castle doesn't do anything like it and has a tiny band that just does exhibition shows and does not compete. So there! Hahaha!
Today the Mililani tournament was on TV so we watched a bit, even though we had seen the shows at TOB already. Guess you can get out of band but it's hard to get band out of you! I'm still interested in what the bands are doing.
Today we called Ryan and went to see the new James Bond movie, "Skyfall." Lots of action and inside jokes, and a preview of sequels to come. Really enjoyed it.
Too bad the day ended badly because Ryan was in a bad mood. When he's like that, everything I say he takes offense to. Oh well...


No comments:
Post a Comment