The first UH home football game was September 15 against Lamar (who? never heard of them either). The first game of the season was against USC at USC on September 1 but they were so far out of our league that it didn't count :). This is the first year for Head Coach Norm Chow. Lots of anticipation for a brand-new season with a brand-new coach after last year's disappointment. One new thing that Coach Chow started was the "Warrior Walk." The football team was dropped off at the far side of the parking lot and walked through the lot in between tail-gaters with the cheerleaders, dancers and band leading them, in a mini-pep parade. So exciting and I think the players enjoyed getting encouragement from the fans up close. I was videotaping so thanks to Jamiee for this great photo. We were right there next to the band as they passed through the narrow walkway between the tailgate tents.
Ryan participated in the pre-game this time; last year as a freshman he stood on the sidelines because it's only choreographed for a certain number of band members and he wasn't needed. In the photo below he's in the cross of the "H."
We got sideline tickets this time, up in the red section for the first time ever. A little scary but great for seeing the band!
This is my friend Laurie; we met through the band and have had so many experiences together over the last several years. Having her as a sounding board has kept me sane over many frustrating band issues and I'm so glad that we became friends. Her son James is Ryan's classmate and plays on the drumline at UH and her daughter Jamiee has a super-powerful camera lens and manages to capture Ryan on the field even from the red section while also taking great pictures of her brother. I so appreciate her pics or I'd have none of Ryan in uniform.
Don't mind my hair...I really liked my UH Hello Kitty shirt but wondered why ladies passing me would smile. I thought they recognized me from somewhere...I think they were just smiling at my shirt and thinking "hey, isn't she kinda old for that?"
This is my friend Laurie; we met through the band and have had so many experiences together over the last several years. Having her as a sounding board has kept me sane over many frustrating band issues and I'm so glad that we became friends. Her son James is Ryan's classmate and plays on the drumline at UH and her daughter Jamiee has a super-powerful camera lens and manages to capture Ryan on the field even from the red section while also taking great pictures of her brother. I so appreciate her pics or I'd have none of Ryan in uniform.
Don't mind my hair...I really liked my UH Hello Kitty shirt but wondered why ladies passing me would smile. I thought they recognized me from somewhere...I think they were just smiling at my shirt and thinking "hey, isn't she kinda old for that?"


No comments:
Post a Comment