Thursday, June 17, 2010

nihon e ikimasu yo!

On June 1, we arrived at the airport around 6:30 am for our 9:40 flight and met up with our 9 boys, who we were chaperoning.  Here's most of Group 11 - Nainoa, James, unidentified kid, Kalei, Keola, Treston, Ryan, Joel and Mark  Missing Ka'ala for some reason.

I knew most of the boys already, and three (including Ryan) were in our chaperone group during the Tournament of Roses trip.

I was a little worried about being on the plane for 8 hours but it went by quickly.  Mostly I slept since I was up late packing and then up early getting ready (and I had also taken a couple of Dramamine, just to be safe).  Luckily we had aisle seats so it wasn't too claustrophic in coach, even though it was really warm.  The service on Japan Air Lines is great.  This was our first meal...the first of many food pictures I took during the trip.  I had pasta with chicken meatballs (from which I only ate the noodles) and a salad with pork (from which I only ate the salad).  But the presentation was really nice.  Then I went back to sleep. 



Here are Darrell, Ryan and Ka'ala.  They ate curry.  There are little screens on the back of the seats.  You could watch movies (your choice, new and old) or play video games or  watch where the plane was flying.  Pretty cool.

I say that service was great because whenever I thought I needed something, like a drink, the flight attendants were making their way down the aisle with drinks.  When I thought, gee, I'm getting a little hungry again, they brought a light meal of somen salad.  Very yummy.

The 8 hours went by fairly quickly...before we knew it we arrived at Narita on June 2 in the afternoon, losing a day due to the time difference.

No comments: