Ryan has been wanting to do this to his hair for a while but it was against his private school's (Kamehameha) dress code. In fact, when he highlighted it once (and it looked pretty natural if you didn't know his hair was jet black), he was threatened with detention if he didn't get it dyed back to his real color. He finally dyed it (his roommate Kawehi did it for him) and I got to see it one day when he was done with work (he sometimes parks in my hotel parking lot if space if they offer flat rates that day).
Wow, it was almost neon yellow!
It totally reminded me of the character Gohan in the Dragonball Z cartoons that Ryan was addicted to when he was younger. Yellow, spiky hair.
And just by coincidence, one of the Dragonball Z "attacks" is the Kamehameha Wave!
I always thought they just used the word because it sounded cool but apparently it's the "Turtle Devastation Wave" since "kame" is the Japanese word for turtle. Here's a shot of Gohan firing a "Father-Son Kamehameha" with the help of the spirit of his father Goku.
Got these shots and the other nonsense from the website linked above.
Ok, I took the time to dig these up from Google...definitely a sign I must have too much time on my hands and/or am trying to avoid doing the work I brought home to do before Monday.
The dye job lasted just a couple of weeks because his hair grows so quickly that he had a quarter inch of black roots by then. It's back to black (yay!) and I didn't even have to nag him about it. Now if I could get him to take out the gauges from his ears and let the holes close up.
No comments:
Post a Comment