Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sandy!


Got to have lunch with these special ladies, Sandy and Arlene, yesterday, to celebrate Sandy's birthday. They are great friends and have been such a wonderful source of support for me since we worked together a few years ago. They are incredibly smart and professional, with so much experience, and I have learned so much from them. They have also agreed to be my references in my job search!




I've actually known Arlene for almost 25 years as she was the employment manager who first hired me out of college. I would not have the career I have had (or husband or son!) if she hadn't called to offer me a job that set me on the career path that I eventually took.
Had my hair cut by Bobbi of Salon Bobbi and Guy at Ward Warehouse today, referred by Sandy. It's the first time I've cut my hair in I-don't-remember-how-long. It was more than halfway down my back and now it's just below my chin. I like it so far, feels like I have more hair. And I have a little bit of bangs too.
It was a nice girlfriends outing; we plan to go out again next month to celebrate Arlene's birthday next. You ladies are the best!

No comments: