After nearly a month off, I have accepted a new position.
Ryan is the most excited about this and has been telling all his friends. He thinks it's the coolest thing ever.
It is the first time I will not be working in a hotel my whole career.
This is the hardest I have ever had to work to get a job. Applied at six different places (two different jobs at one of those places), had between 1-4 interviews at each place. Except for when I first got out of college, I've only ever applied at one place at a time and I usually got the job.
The best thing about the job search has been coming into contact with the nicest people, complete strangers who have been incredibly kind and helpful, forwarding my resume to other strangers who are willing to help me. I've also come in contact with others whose paths have crossed mine in the past. It is amazing what a small world it is.
I am also so lucky to have such great friends and colleagues who have so generously given me leads on jobs, been willing to speak to prospective employers on my behalf, and just supported me during this weird unfamiliar time.
Being laid off was hard, but being wanted elsewhere has been a validation that I am valuable after all.
1 comment:
Congratulations Carolyn!! Knew you wouldn't be out there for long and that some smart company would snap you up.
Post a Comment