Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lt Shiny Sides


Darrell's hotel had a post-holiday party on February 21 at Todai's and Ryan brought home a centerpiece, which was a glass bowl with guppies inside. There are five fish inside and he named them all "Lieutenant Shiny Sides." I am writing this on March 3 and they are all still alive, even though we haven't bought fish food yet; I guess they are surviving on whatever algae is growing in the bowl.



For some reason, right before that he was asking for a dog. We've gone through this periodically since he was little...he always wanted a dog, but we've always said no because Darrell and I are NOT pet people and it wouldn't be fair to a pet since we are not home all day. Cleaning up after another person/pet is also not very appealing. However, I have always been attracted to the "Cesar" dog though, for some reason. I think it's a West Highland Terrier and I know nothing about that breed, but it is so cute. But no other pets (except for the Lt. Shiny Sides) for now.

We were so lucky at the party! They had a game where we were given mardi gras beads and a nametag with a cartoon character name on it. If you called someone by their real name rather than their cartoon/nametag name, you had to give them your beads. Darrell was in competition with his friend JB for most beads, and he won overwhelmingly, winning a new Canon camera! That was a nice surprise.

Then they had another game where they passed around envelopes that had gift cards in them, and Ryan wound up winning the largest prize, a $25 iTunes gift card. Felt bad that we won the big prizes, but seems like everyone had fun. Here's a picture of Darrell with his housekeeping staff who attended.

No comments: