Friday, March 27, 2009

Journey Concert


Ryan is such a huge Journey fan that when we heard they were having a concert in Honolulu we had to go. I've always loved their songs with Steve Perry, but their new lead singer Arnel Pineda is outstanding - even better than Steve Perry.

I logged onto the Ticketmaster website at exactly 9 am when the tickets went on sale and already the best seats were at the back of the arena floor. But I hesitated in clicking on "Buy Tickets" so I lost those seats. So I tried again and the best seats were already in the balcony! So disappointing, but I got them - section 6, row K. The tickets sold out in two hours. They eventually opened up concerts on Wednesday and Saturday (the original date was Thursday, which is when we went). Kaala went with us to the concert.

I was so worried before the concert...misplaced the tickets! I usually don't lose things, I'm pretty organized, but don't know where I put them. After doing some massive catch-up filing and going through tons of paper, I finally gave up and called Ticketmaster. Luckily it's pretty easy to get tickets replaced.

Journey was awesome! Arnel was like an Energizer Bunny, running and jumping all over the stage yet singing perfectly. I mentioned my observation to Ryan and he said that Arnel is "old like you, Mom." Thanks, Son! The concert was a mix of classic hits and new songs. There were even two encores. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

No comments: