How did it get to be April already? Two months unemployed...less than two months of school left for Ryan, and within a few months he will be a JUNIOR.
Keeping busy looking for jobs online. Applied for four jobs the last two days...we'll see what happens. All of them are outside the hotel industry so new challenges; hopefully I will get a chance to interview and try them out. Had to take accounting and Excel assessment tests last night for one employment agency. The online test software is called "PROVE-IT" and yes, I had to try to prove that I know things that I say I do on my resume. Wow, my brain's getting rusty, I better "exercise" it a bit!
Spring break last week: it was nice having Ryan home. He did go out with his friends a couple of days, but he was with me most of the time. Really missed him when he went back to school this past Monday. He and I have been going marketing for food so we can cook at home more. He loves cooking. Me, I'm ok with it, but not my favorite thing. And I really dislike going to the market, don't know why. But he's pretty good at it. He does laundry, washes dishes (though usually has to be reminded); he has been trained well. Now if he would only not take after his dad so much and keep better track of his things. Monday morning - frantic, Mom, where's my school uniforms? Tuesday morning - frantic, Mom, where's my wallet? With Darrell, we usually go through the checklist every morning - work keys, wallet, phone, etc. Since he can't remember to put all his things in one place when he gets home (I've been trying to get him to do this for over 20 years), told him he needs a "murse" or man-purse to keep everything in so he doesn't have to look for his wallet here, his keys there, cell-phone somewhere else. Everything's in my bag usually so I'm set to go! I only get messed up when the guys use my keys and don't put it back in my bag; then I have to go searching.
Gonna go do laundry and work on some band booster stuff now...
No comments:
Post a Comment