Friday was the last time this year that the band wore full dress uniforms and performed their "African Thunder" show, at the Hawaii Invitational International Music Festival, held at the school. I didn't really think about it that way, so I didn't bring my video camera and my digital camera ran out of memory so I didn't tape the show. I am regretting that so much...it was one of their best performances yet. Since they performed in Kekuhaupi'o Gym, the sound was so intense and they played so well. Here is the youtube link that someone posted, which is not the best, but at least it's recorded.
The booster club manned the snack bar at the gym so I was more focused on that. We wound up working two shifts - 8 hours. Sweaty, busy work - I was joking to Darrell that I must have lost 5 pounds from sweating so much; turns out I lost SEVEN!. It was hectic but fun. And we earned some money to help feed our kids next year.
We spent most of Saturday recovering. Today, Sunday, Darrell is working so it feels like Monday. But I have to drop Ryan off at the studio for a Sin to Society practice - they are performing at Easy Music Center next Saturday 3-4:30 pm (yah, that's a plug!). Then going with Jan to the Kamehameha Dance Company spring recital at the school. So it's another busy day.
Was feeling a little tired and down today, caught a sore throat from Ryan, wouldn't mind just staying in bed and feel sorry for myself. But have been up since Darrell got up for work, read a blog about parents who just lost their baby girl, and decided that I need to be thankful for what I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment