We had brunch at Kai Market, the new restaurant at the Sheraton Waikiki. Last year we went there too, when it was still the Ocean Terrace.
They have gone through an extensive renovation and theme change (the old Ocean Terrace was there when I worked for Sheraton 20+ years ago and it hadn't changed much over the years).
Darrell met up with his old friend Calvin. They used to work together at the old Kau Kau Corner at Sheraton Waikiki decades ago (sounds old, yeah?! but it WAS over 20 years ago). I made them pose in front of the herb wall by the omelet station. It's decorative but when someone wanted basil in his omelet, the chef just reached back and picked it off the wall and put it in. Pretty cool idea.
And I had to take a photo of the new infinity pool too...can't tell where the pool ends and the ocean begins!
Christmas in Hawaii...
No comments:
Post a Comment