I don't even remember how many jobs I applied for and interviewed for already, it's been so long.
But a new opportunity has come along and I am going for it.

I have been involved with selling Miche Bags for a few months now. I had seen in the newspaper that Vicky Cayetano was the distributor for Hawaii and that she was having a show at Waialae Country Club. I thought about going to check it out since I had seen the products in a magazine and I am such a bag person, but something came up and I didn't go.
Then Jan gave me a bag and some "shells" for my birthday. I decided right away to contact Vicky and see if I could become a sales rep. It's such a fun product and they really sell themselves. And Jan has helped by hosting parties for me.
Now that I am once again unemployed, Vicky approached me to assist her and her partners with working with the other sales reps to help them increase their sales and grow their businesses. It's been exciting to come up with ways to help them market the products more.
It's a lot of work, but the hours are flexible and I've met some great ladies. And
They are even sending me to Salt Lake City next month to represent them at the Miche Bag conference. Whoa, Salt Lake City in January, for someone from Hawaii who only saw snow for the first time last year. But I got a coat and have a scarf and hat and thermals, and the conference promises to be exciting. Can't wait to bring back ideas to share with all the sales reps here.
And I will also get to see my penpal Kay! We've been writing to each other since we were 9 and 10. When we've met the past four times in person, she has always come to see me (San Francisco, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Kauai), so it's great that I will finally be going to see HER. And I get to finally meet her kids and grandbabies!
So wish me luck...and please buy some bags!
No comments:
Post a Comment