Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December This and That

Where did December go? Here's what Facebook says happened (super long post ahead):

December 1 at 10:31 am: first of December..."Elf Yourself" is now live online. I'm sure Ryan can't wait until mom "elfs" him again!" (Update: I didn't do it this year, but Kylie "elfed" the two of them! Now I know why I like this girl!)

December 1 at 4:36 PM: Cool videos of the band's show on YouTube.

December 1 at 4:38 pm: Irritated that an "editor" from the school newspaper cropped out Ryan and Kaala from my photo and took credit for the photo in an article. Plus the article was inaccurate. Guess when it's on Facebook, it's fair game. But aren't they teaching journalistic integrity?

December 3 at 7:31 am: Get your hands off that mocha, woman, it's MINE! Could not believe the line inside of Starbucks on this chilly morning. And, if you see 10 people waiting for their order and you JUST placed yours, why would you think the next order up would be for you?! OK, rant over, I just had my caffeine!

December 4 at 11:15 am: At Hawaii Theater for the KS Christmas Concert, babysitting the band kids in their holding room. Then KS-Kahuku championship game tonight.

December 4 at 7:47 am: This is one of the most exciting games I have ever been to and it hasn't even started yet! So much SPIRIT on both sides!

December 4: best. game. ever.


















December 5 at 8:25 pm: Three Christmas concerts down, one more to go, then pau! Two really long days/nights with the band. Even had to help carry a tuba down the stairs from the holding area above Indigo Restaurant, up Nuuanu and around the corner to Pauahi St then around the corner again to the front of the theater on Bethel St for one of the tuba players who left his instrument behind for some reason. Have no idea how the boys run around and dance around with those things! But the band performance was the highlight of the show!

December 6 at 12:21 am: Thank goodness for Zippy's, the only place open late when band events end :). (Actually wanted to go to Zippy's the night before after the KS-Kahuku game, but there were way too many red shirts-aka Kahuku fans-inside, so we just went home.)

December 6 at 9:35 pm: Who was that crazy woman driving down the wrong side of the street today? Uh, that would be me. I was lucky that there was no one coming the other direction or it would have been bad. Don't know what I was thinking (or not thinking); I had just picked up a huge rack from Ito Florist for a Miche Bag show at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and got flustered. Too much on my mind. But sometimes I think someone is looking out for me. One time years ago, late at night driving home from Princeville, between Kilauea and Moloaa, I swerved to the other side of the road for some reason, and those roads are very dark (no street lights), narrow and curving. I got back on the right side somehow without going off the road, and luckily no other car was coming.

December 7 at 2:42 pm: The NEW Kamehameha Marching Band cookbooks are here! Please contact me if you would like one (or more!); great holiday gifts! (And there are lots of recipes credited to "Ryan Aquino" because I submitted our family cookbook recipes and they used most of them!)

December 11 at 6:41 pm: We are at a special showing of "Barbarian Princess" while Ryan and Kylie are at his Winter Ball.

December 12: Darrell has a Blackberry Storm 2 with a touchscreen that he is having a rough time with. So while posting on his cousin Colleen's wall about his parents going to be in Vegas, his screen freezes and he winds up posting part of his message on Colleen's wall and part as his own update. His update says he "continues to be in Vegas," which makes everyone, including his two sisters, wonder if decided to jump on a plane (they left on December 11) and join his mom and dad. Unfortunately, he only wished he was in Vegas.

December 12 at 7:15 pm: Aargh, got my holiday cards but they didn't come out as I thought they would. Boo Snapfish and Walgreen's. Trying not to have cards that look like everyone else's, trying to get them right away since I procrastinated ordering, AND trying not to spend so much since we usually send out 100 cards every year, so I went with Snapfish, with pickup at Walgreen's. I emailed Snapfish and their response was pretty much, too bad, so sad. But I went back to Walgreen's and they fixed the problem and reprinted. Service recovery accomplished. But maybe I'll go with someone else next year.

December 13 at 2:47 pm: Watching Kamehameha's Tournament of Bands on 'Olelo channel 49. Since I have not had enough of band yet this year. They did capture the cute part of "Bohemian Rhapsody" when the tubas run around Ryan while he bobs up and down.

December 15 at 7:08 am: Had a "finals anxiety" dream and woke up exhausted; Ryan (the one taking the final exams) is not very concerned and slept great. I didn't dream of actually taking the exam, but of getting him to school too late to take them, after going through some major roadblocks. Kind of like the dreams where I'm to perform at a ballet recital and get on stage but don't know the steps. Fun.

December 17 at 8:55 pm: C&K show at the Royal Hawaiian was amazing! Thanks to Jan & Craig for the best seats! Sang along to most of the songs. They are outstanding musicians and still sound terrific together. Highlights were the different versions of "About You" (my favorite song of theirs) and audience participation in singing along to "Danny's Song." Loved the show!

December 19 at 10:47 pm: Called Verizon's tech support for help with my PC card. After trying a few things, he said to call HP because "they don't pay me enough to fix computers." Wow. I was shocked. It turned out being my fault because I interrupted my Norton Internet Security upgrade and it messed up the connections, but. Wow. My friend Laurie commented that that's why they are called "tech support" rather than "customer service." Totally inappropriate comment. I hung up on him.

Besides all that, I have been running around the past few days showing Miche to potential customers, taking orders, delivering orders, communicating with reps, and trying to get my Christmas stuff done.

Tonight I posted these:

No Verizon Blackberry internet service today? What's up? Though not getting emails all day was kinda freeing :)

Loves that today's mail brought only a stack of holiday greetings from family and friends...no bills! Love seeing all the photos! Happy holidays everyone!

And one last thing...Darrell is so cute (not all the time, but this one time he was). He has been taking all the holiday cards and taping them up in the kitchen to display them. So nice to see all the happy faces of those dear to us everyday.

And one more...Darrell finally got his braces off! So just "Invisalign"-style retainers for now.

No comments: