When Darrell was in the hospital and I was at Kuakini everyday, I got the idea to propose doing a Miche Bag show there. They agreed and allowed me to have a show there March 5. My Aunty Shige, who volunteers there, helped man the booth and recruited her best friend Gertie to help as well. They had a blast and it was nice to have company and help since people tended to come by in spurts.
Sales were ok. I was invited back, so now that people have been exposed, maybe there will be better sales next time.
It's been over a year now since I was laid off. So if someone asks what I do, I no longer say I'm unemployed. I say I work from home and that I sell bags! That opens up the opportunity for me to promote Miche Bags!
I've been really busy for someone without a regular-fulltime-paying job:
1. Working to help Miche Hawaii sales reps, setting up the new website, generating invoices for all the reps, maintaining the "Miche Bag Hawaii" fan page on Facebook, and trying to sell bags myself.
2. Volunteering with the Kamehameha Schools Band Booster Club.
3. Volunteering at school for the Class of 2011.
Notice that except for getting commission on the bags I sell, there's no compensation for the rest. Just the reward of volunteering, the definition of which is (from a quote by Ivan Scheier, via my friend Laurie): doing more than you have to because you want to , in a cause you consider good.
Guess that's why we just volunteered again to chaperone Ryan's group for the Japan band trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment