ten on tuesday
- Darrell is still in the hospital, beginning of week 4. He's doing ok, the surgeon just wants to make sure his foot is healed more before releasing him. Today the surgeon did say maybe he could go home...but Darrell doesn't want to get his hopes up.
- Sign that he has been in the hospital too long: I got into the elevator at work this morning and pressed "4." Hello, I work on the 5th floor. But Darrell is on the 4th floor at the hospital and I press that button A LOT.
- Had a very long but nice Saturday. Karen was here from California with the family and I got to monopolize her for a bit. We went to the "Made in Hawaii" Fair at NBC in the morning. She didn't believe me when I told her we would be there for probably around 3 hours. We left after close to FOUR hours! Then we had lunch at the Pineapple Room. Took pics but too lazy to download right now.
- Saturday night was the first football game, preseason against Leilehua. They won 21-7. Was worried about going alone, since Darrell couldn't come, but wound up catching a ride over with one friend and coming back with another. Had contemplated not going (four hours of shopping tends to tire me out), but glad I went. Ryan was so excited about the moves they thought up for the tuba line for all the football songs, so I had to go see. They even ran all over during "Hey Song." Crazy tubas but they had a blast.
- Some of the Leilehua band came over to say hi to our band and I recognized one as my friend Teri's niece Shannon. I made Ryan go say hi to her; they played together a few times when they were little. They're both seniors this year.
- Haven't done anything about following up with Aloha Kia about the Scion tires, with Darrell being in the hospital and all. Will need to get that done, especially since the $1800 charge has hit the credit card statement.
- Should be in bed already. It's exhausting, working all day, then going to the hospital and not getting home until after 8 every night. Then the commitments start closing in - band stuff now especially. I've had to scale back on the Miche stuff quite a bit; a lot of effort for minimal rewards, so it's on the back burner for now.
- I think I want an e-Reader. We got the Nook for my dad for his birthday, not sure if he's figured out how to use it. I've been reading more now and running out of space for books. Digital storage would be great. Downloaded part of the "Nikki Heat" book by "Richard Castle" (the ABC TV series), but it's hard to read on my laptop. Oh well, poor me.
- Maybe I should go with "five on friday" or something like that. I'm out of things to say right now.
- Good night!
- Ha ha ha, it's only Monday. Just realized when I went to view the post and saw the posting date as Monday. I'm so confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment