"Needed some cuteness in my life, which has recently lacked cute."
Ryan and I had gone to Windward Mall after being at the hospital and I saw the Sanrio store and just had to go in. Wound up getting these three things - a cute cup, which has been encouraging me to drink a lot more water at work for some reason (yes, I know the power of suggestion works on me very well), a pen case, and a lanyard with HK pins. I've had my "scrapbook queen" lanyard for my keys forever, so it seemed like a good time to get a new lanyard.
Have been kinda hooked on HK since Japan, where she was everywhere. At Universal Studios, we even gambled for the chance to win HK merchandise.At Hard Rock Cafe in Japan, I got two pins, one from Universal City Walk Osaka and one from Uyeno Station. I even got this cute phone strap and was bummed to find it had broken off my backpack and I only had the strap part left. The little guitar was so cute!
I guess it's a good thing they are only available in Japan. I just checked the website and dang, they have MORE pins! I bought the "spring" pins, now they have summer ones and "horror" ones for fall.
When I was little, I was never really a HK fan, though I loved "Little Twin Stars." I thought they were way cuter. But HK is winning me over. Ryan got me a HK wallet in Japan which I'm using now. I'm still a long way off from needing a HK waffle maker or toaster. But everyone needs a little cuteness, especially when the world is totally being "kawaii-kunai" or not cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment