In less than 24 hours, this little guy will graduate from high school.
He's 18, knows what he wants to do with his life, and is way more self-assured than I was at his age. He's been working 8 hour shifts at a new job, maybe 3-4 times a week, while studying for and getting through finals. He has older co-workers asking him for assistance because he learns quickly and knows what needs to be done. When the owner came through right after the restaurant opened, he shook all the employees' hands, but when he got to Ryan, he gave him a hug and said, "I've been hearing great things about you."
He worked Sunday, Monday and Tuesday during finals week, coming home after midnight each night, but getting through finals ok (fingers crossed, but we haven't gotten any calls from the school).
He knows what he wants and works towards those goals diligently. When he decided that he wanted to lose some weight, he had an amazing amount of willpower and discipline, sticking to a strict diet and exercising everyday.
Now that he's planning to move out and rent a house while going to the University of Hawaii, he's working hard and building up his savings so he can pay his expenses (as well as get things that he wants that mom and dad will not necessarily pay for, like video games).
He's loving and funny and a good friend. You make us so proud! Love you, my baby!
P.S. I know you're 18 but please don't get the tattoos or the mohawk. I think I can live with the ear piercing though. Love, Mom
So funny today when you told me you were going to get "2011" in Roman numerals ~yes, I'm so tired I can't think of what that is right now~ tattooed on your ankle (under the sock line). And then you said you were going to pierce your ears (no gages). I said I was ok with those things. And you said, "Well, I'm not sure I want to do them anymore if you're OK with them." Finally I know how to handle you, after 18 years!

No comments:
Post a Comment