The end of year band banquet was on the last day of school at the Manoa Grand Ballroom. Again, like Pops Concert, it was pretty relaxing since we were seniors and didn't really have to work (it actually is the only event that we DON'T have to work, make or serve food, collect money, set up, clean up, etc.). Freshmen year, it was our first banquet and I had just been elected treasurer to the booster club board so I was a little stressed about that. Sophomore year, I handled registration plus Ryan ran for drum major and I was on pins and needles waiting for the results (and devastated when it didn't come out as we had hoped and had to deal with Ryan's reaction as well).
Junior year, I took RSVPs and payments again, but it was a little more relaxing. This year, I wound up AGAIN doing things on the front end, but at least could relax and enjoy.
It was a little disappointing that most of the seniors DID NOT win any awards. Usually the band director will take the time to write away for various awards for the seniors to have. Lots of underclassmen won awards, though...like I said, disappointing that the effort wasn't made to recognize most of the seniors.
Pic at top is Ryan with the interim band director Aris and asst band director Matt. Still waiting to hear if they will be permanent...but wait, it's no longer my concern who is band director. Love that pic though...Aris is smiling for my camera, Ryan and Matt are goofing around.
The bottom pic is of the hard-working ladies on the booster club executive board: L-R VP Brenza, Treasurer Laurie, Corresponding Secretary, Recording Secretary Kim, and President Davilynne. (Remind me never to wear that top again!)
We'll truly miss band and the friends we've made through it. It's been a great experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment