Tuesday, March 4, 2008

15 Years Ago Today...




Ryan was born. This is one of the first photos ever taken of him, shortly after he was born. Contrast this with a photo taken of him today:





Then: 21.25 inches long, 8.7 lbs., extremely cute.

Now: 65.5 inches (5 feet, 5.5 inches) tall, 199 lbs., still extremely cute (most of the time).

For his speech class last semester, he wrote a testimonial speech about me. In return, I had to write a letter to him. Here's part of what I wrote:

Dear Ry, I'm so proud of you! You are bright and energetic, outgoing and fun. You are bold and brave and willing to take risks, more than I ever wanted to when I was your age. You are caring and a good friend. You are funny and witty and clever. You are creative and talented, artistically and musically. You are passionate about things you are interested in. You are loving and still my one and only baby, even though you are maturing everyday.

Happy Birthday, Babe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.