Monday, March 3, 2008

It was a busy weekend...

Stayed up late Friday night because I wanted to make a mini album for my cousin Suzie. I had some old photos of her with my Aunty Setsu and I wanted to put them in a chipboard mini album for her. I was almost finished, just needed to figure out how I wanted to decorate the cover, but I needed to go to bed.

Got up early Saturday morning so that Ryan could be at SuperCuts when they opened at 8 am. He has been going to the Windward City store for several years to have his hair cut by Myong. He fought it all the way...he loves his long hair and said all his friends love it too. But it was WAY too long, on his way to getting detention for being in violation of school dress code. I liked it long but it was a little messy. So we let him keep it long until last Saturday's performance, since rock stars need long hair, but told him he had to cut it after. This is him not letting me take his picture in SuperCuts. I wanted to do before and after shots, but someone was not being cooperative. It looks much better now, not so bushy.

After we left SuperCuts, we got rear-ended while stopped at the intersection of Kaneohe Bay Drive and Kamehameha Highway! We were stopped, just talking, when WHAM! Got banged from behind by a dump truck! Luckily we were in the Titan, which has a pretty tough bumper, but it got smashed in. We were ok, though. Called the police to get a report, and the driver of the dump truck said he would pay for the damage. We were late for Ryan's algebra tutoring, but luckily they were open that morning and we rescheduled for later. Ryan went to Sylvan, Darrell and I walked around Kahala Mall, then we dropped Ryan off at band rehearsal from 1-4 pm. We waited around, visiting with my Aunty Shige.

We then went home, rested briefly, then went to a mahalo dinner sponsored by the KS band booster club for chaperones and those who helped with the trip. It was at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, which has really deteriorated since I went there before, but the food was good. And we had a fun time with our fellow chaperones.

Usually Sundays are for laundry and chores and rest (and "CSI" and "Law and Order" marathons on cable), but we were out most of the day. Took Ryan to meet his friends for a birthday party at Ala Moana Beach Park. Darrell and I had lunch at The Pineapple Room at Macy's Ala Moana. Darrell had the prix fixe lunch (kalua pig caesar salad, shortribs and cheesecake) and I had the meatloaf. Darrell loved his lunch, I was a little disappointed with my meatloaf as I've had it several times before and loved it; this time it wasn't up to par. Since Ryan and his friends were going to walk from Ala Moana to Ward to watch a movie, Darrell and I decided to watch one too. I had wanted to see "The Other Boleyn Girl," but since we would have to wait too long, I got us tickets to "Vantage Point" (Dennis Quaid, Forrest Whitaker, Matthew Fox - thriller about the President of the United States being shot). It hadn't gotten the best reviews, but I enjoyed it, even though I was exhausted after! They showed the same events from different points of view (vantage points?) and kept rewinding and showing what happened several times, and there was lots of action.

We had dinner at Sumo Ramen, then went home to do more laundry. Then we had some drama with Ryan and didn't get to sleep until 1 am. Sunday night is not my favorite time of the week...usually I'm tired from busy weekends or disappointed that I didn't get everything I wanted to accomplish done (usually because of the aforementioned "CSI" and "Law and Order" marathons on cable). So I'm usually grouchy and Ryan being tired too doesn't make for a fun time.

No comments: