Saturday, August 8, 2009

"Julie & Julia"

"Julie & Julia" was a great movie. Very entertaining, Meryl Streep as Julia Child and Amy Adams as blogger Julie Powell were perfect. And the biggest star of the movie, the FOOD, looked delish! Yum...butter!

As a coincidence, the day after watching the movie, we took my dad out to Formaggio's in Kailua for his birthday, and this was on the menu...
















...bouef bourguinon, like Julia Child's in the movie! I had to try it. They even served it in a red "dutch oven," the way it was prepared in the movie. It was really good. The blurriness in the pic is actually the steam; it arrived at the table covered and the server removed the cover there.

Then, the next day, I had the dish again at my cousin Katie's graduation party at 3660 on the Rise. Such a coincidence, but I ate well this weekend!

Back to the movie...since I am a blogger, I was interested because Julie's story is about writing a blog about cooking all the recipes in Julia Child's cookbook. I never thought about writing a blog by following a theme, I just write about our family and for myself. I would definitely not write about cooking!

No comments: