Monday, January 25, 2010

Breaking Out of This Joint

Darrell was supposed to go home from the hospital today, Day 20 of his stay. But apparently due to miscommunication or whatever, he will probably be staying another day (I came to this conclusion since it is almost noon and discharge time is 11 am). One doctor visited this morning, but I have been hanging around waiting for the surgeon and the primary physician to find out what's up. What a colossal waste of time.

The doctors haven't been coming around as much as they did early in the stay, which is actually good news - it means he is better. But that means I never know when they will show up and wind up spending lots of time at the hospital waiting...and waiting.

Having Darrell back at home will be great, since I can do things around the house while tending to his needs. But that means more work taking care of him too! Not sure how good of a nurse I will be.

No comments: