Thursday, January 1, 2015

cousin get-together


Darrell's cousin Shawn and his family were visiting from northern California during Thanksgiving week and contacted us to get together.  We hadn't seen them in several years; I'm not sure, but it might have been in 2006, when they met us in Disneyland.  Since they were staying out at Ko Olina, I suggested Aulani's 'Ama 'Ama for dinner.  (I should have looked at the menu first, though, because it was pretty pricey.)















It was a beautiful setting, right at sunset.  I tried to get a video of the "green flash" but no luck.  Too many clouds right at the horizon.  There was a couple sitting at the next table having a full-on argument, with their young child there.  They were insulting each other back and forth.  I wanted to tell them, hey, look at where you are!  You're in Hawaii, there's a beautiful sunset behind you, enjoy it!  Don't make your child so miserable.  I couldn't do the video there because they were getting loud so I moved off to the side.  Luckily they eventually left.








So nice to see the cousins again!  Shawn's dad, Uncle Harry, and Darrell's dad, Conrad, are brothers.  See the family resemblance?















Here's Shawn and his wife Maureen.  It was great catching up.



















And us with their beautiful daughters, Kellie and Olivia.  Wish they lived closer, I would love to spend more time with them.  If I had daughters, I would like them to be like these two young ladies.  We had a lot in common!










My appetizer,
Roasted Kamuela Tomato Soup
with a mini Truffled Brie Cheese and Portuguese Sweet Bread “Sandwich” ~ really yummy.






And Darrell's appetite hadn't been the greatest but he loved this and finished every bite!  This is what he had:  Harris Ranch Natural Angus Filet of Beef with Braised Short Rib, Tomato-Pepper Chutney, Leek and Spinach a la Crème, Kiawe-smoked Potato Purée.
 
Such a fun evening with the Aquinos!  Thanks so much for reaching out and wanting to get together, and for treating us to dinner!  Hope to see you folks again soon!

No comments: