Had the opportunity to watch Paliku Theatre's production of "Miss Saigon" on Sunday. My cousin Derek is playing bass guitar in the orchestra so I really wanted to go, and I had heard a lot about it but had never seen it.Everyone did an awesome job...so professional. And I loved the music! I was surprised that it was kind of PG-13, though, with the theme and swearing :). And the helicopter scene was pretty cool.

Michael Scott Bright played "Chris" and Brittany Browning was "Kim." It's hard to believe that she is Ryan's age; she seems very mature. It disturbed me a little to see the love scenes, knowing how old she is, but she did a great job. Ryan's middle school band teacher Clarke Bright was the music director, and his family was involved in every aspect of the production.
Wouldn't mind seeing it again, though, when I'm not so distracted...was worried about getting home to get Ryan to the airport to catch his flight to Kona on time. Was also thinking about Ryan's friend, who is seriously ill in the hospital; Ryan and his classmates went to visit him there while I was at the play. He will be in our thoughts everyday, hoping for a speedy recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment