Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kamehameha Day Parade 2009

Got better pictures this year because I wasn't working the parade! Ryan wasn't sure he wanted to do this parade because he's still disappointed about the drum major thing. It's also a 6-mile parade, starting from the Kamehameha statue downtown and ending at Kapiolani Park, in the hot, hot sun. And last year he said it was embarassing that they broke formation often and didn't march properly (all the excuses he gave me for not wanting to participate).


But the night before, encouraged by his friends, he decided to do the parade after all. And on the way to the school drop-off in the early morning, he said, "Mom, I don't know why I didn't want to do the parade. I LOVE parades!" So he went.


After dropping Ryan off at the band room, I had a follow-up appointment with the periodontist to check my sutures, then went downtown to meet up with the band and got to take some photos.









Ryan was the middle man for the tuba line and kept them straight. The band looked and sounded great!

No comments: