Sunday, June 2, 2013

goodbye to sears ala moana

Sears at Ala Moana wasn't a store I went to regularly, but it's so sad to see the store emptied out.  This was on April 26, and it closed today, June 2.  General Growth, the owner of Ala Moana Center, is planning to tear the building down and bring in Bloomingdale's Department Store and smaller retail stores and a restaurant/food court. 

I remember going there and smelling fresh popcorn on the ground floor, where there was a food stand.











Long-time employees will also be losing their jobs.

Ala Moana Center has changed so much over the years.  I still remember Farrell's and the place with mini-carnival rides, including a tiny ferris wheel.  Iida's was also a cool place to go and now Slipper House is closing too.

I'll check out the new places, but will remember the old ones.




No comments: