Sunday, June 2, 2013

na hoku hanohano

My hotel is a sponsor of the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards event, and I was invited to sit on our table.  I said yes right away, thinking that Darrell would really enjoy it because he loves Hawaiian music.  But then I realized that I would have to get dressed up and didn't have anything to wear! Yikes, stress!

Found an outfit at Calista at Kahala Mall that I really loved, but paid way more than I have on anything else.  So funny that when the salesclerk gave me the total I actually dropped my credit card when I was trying to hand it to her...guess I was trying not to pay!  But oh, well, at least I have something for the next dress-up event, whenever that will be.  I even got my hair done...Sandy spent some time meticulously curling my hair with a curling iron. 

Ryan had wanted to go with me but he had to work.  He texted me "Have fun with the Hawaiians."  It was so funny when we got there because there were hardly any Hawaiians...mostly Japanese tourists.  Hawaiian music and hula are really popular in Japan

The entertainers put on a great show, and we were in the second row of tables, so we had a terrific view.  Even the presenters were pretty funny.  It was a great experience, and we even watched it again when they televised it the next week.  I also downloaded several songs from iTunes that I heard that night.

Hopefully we'll be able to go again next year.  I already have my dress.

No comments: