I've been seeing "One Little Word" for a few years now. I love reading Ali Edwards; she is so creative and insightful. This is what she wrote about this project:
In 2006 I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January – a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, story, light, up and open. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They’ve been imbedded into who I am, and into who I’m becoming. They’ve been what I’ve needed (and didn’t know I needed). They’ve helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, and to grow.
I've resisted joining, the same way I've resisted making resolutions.
But this year, the word FOCUS came to me.
And I have been seeing it everywhere (or maybe I'm just more aware). But I think this is my WORD.
I know I often don't have FOCUS. I try to do things to take away FOCUS and distract myself from things that need to get done. I have downloaded a ton of books onto my iPhone or Kindle, or watched reruns on TV, or read blogs and social media, escapist stuff, so I don't have to be introspective and force myself to FOCUS on what's important.
Like a true procrastinator, I do a lot of little, unimportant things to avoid doing the bigger, important things, just to feel that I am accomplishing something.
I want to FOCUS.
I need to FOCUS.
I will FOCUS…on what's important by first figuring out what's important.
No comments:
Post a Comment