Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Concert

The Kamehameha Schools Performing Arts Department put on their annual Christmas Concert last Saturday night, with the band, orchestra, dance company, guitar class, Hawaiian ensemble (hula) and concert glee groups performing. As always, they know how to put on a show! It was at Hawaii Theatre, which is really beautiful. I'd never been there, so it was such a surprise to see how wonderfully it has been restored.
Here's Ry with Sproles and the drum major Brock.


Got one photo snapped of the band performing before I got a scolding from the usher.









Here is our nephew Pono with Darrell. Pono is in concert glee. Snapped this photo during the break between the 4 pm and 7:30 pm concerts. We were there from early afternoon to stay with the band in the Weyand Room (holding area for the band and concert glee) when they were not performing. Luckily I got to see the entire second concert.

No comments: