- Facebook helped me reconnect with someone I met 18 years ago when I was sent on a "Peer Review" (internal audit) in Brunei. We corresponded for a while after that (snail mail, no email back then), but lost track of each other. I found someone with the same name as her daughter on Facebook and contacted her, and it was her! Amazing, this internet.
- Enjoyed watching "NCIS" tonight, great show! Love the characters.
- Got our holiday cards today, can't wait to send them out. Love getting photo cards back; so neat to see pictures of people we hardly see.
- Hell hath no fury as a teenaged girl scorned...we are finding this out.
- Can't believe it's December 2 already...doesn't feel like Christmas. Hot and muggy today. Smoke alarms at work kept going off all day yesterday and today (moist, muggy air sets off the alarms). One of the alarms going off was in Duke's Restaurant; the fire alarm panel indicated that the alarm for "Duke's dumbwaiter" needed checking. Lots of people here didn't know what a dumbwaiter was...it's so funny! They were thinking that the system is really smart - it knows that a "dumb waiter" caused the alarm! Someone else who saw the panel reading "dumbwaiter" said, "Which one?"
- Could not believe the craziness of "Black Friday." 2000 shoppers rushed a Walmart in New York and trampled and killed an employee. Wow. Heard that at a Walmart here it was pretty vicious too. 'Tis the season.
- Movies I want to see: "Quantum of Solace" (new James Bond movie), "Bolt" (animated one, looks so cute).
- School Christmas concert coming up this Saturday. It will be our first one since freshmen didn't have to play last year.
- No Christmas tree this year...picked up a little potted evergreen (little = approximately 12 inches tall) at the supermarket last night. Now need to look for little ornaments.
- Getting back to holiday cards...I put my blog address on the card because I was too lazy to write a letter. Lots more info and pics on the blog anyways.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Ten on Tuesday
I see a lot of people doing this "Ten on Tuesday" thing on their blogs so I thought I'd do it too:
No comments:
Post a Comment