Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Here is Ryan in the lobby of the Outrigger Waikiki, where I currently work. Since this is my last Christmas there, I made him pose in front of the canoe in the main lobby.
On Christmas Eve, Ryan and I made Portugese bean soup (with no beans since we don't like them!). It was my first time making it, following my dad's recipe, and it was pretty good. Jan and Craig came over and opened some presents with us.


We had brunch on Christmas Day at the Ocean Terrace Restaurant in the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel with my parents, Jan and Craig and Craig's dad. It was nice to go there one last time because it is scheduled to close next month and will reopen after renovation as a totally different restaurant.

The food was great, and it was so crowded, which is great news for the hotel.

Unfortunately Darrell had to work, but he was able to join us for brunch.

Hard to believe a year ago Christmas Day Darrell and I were on our way to California ahead of the band and missed all the family Christmas gatherings. It was an eventful and stressful trip, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

No comments: