Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Storm That Never Came

The weather prediction for Friday, the 16th, was for 60 mph winds, especially on the Windward side. On Thursday night, the city and state told employees not to come in the next day, all public and private schools and the University of Hawaii were closed too. I woke up with chills and body aches so I was expecting a "fun" day (insert sarcasm), but it wound up being "much ado about nothing." I guess better to be safe than sorry, having a bunch of people on the roads in case of bad weather.

Spent the day in bed...Ryan had a nice day off.

Felt better later so wound up going out to dinner at Ichiriki with my girlfriends, which we had planned a month ago when we last got together. Wow, getting together twice in two months - it's a record! We cancelled because of the weather, then some of them decided to still go, since the weather scare was a bust. I had decided not to go since I had not been feeling well, but then wound up going after all. I'm so glad I did, we had a great time and all six of us made it. Hopefully I can get a photo to post later.

So a day that seemed like it was going to be a bad one ended up pretty great after all.

No comments: