These photos were taken at our hotel's new uniform launch on February 11. All the managers wore the kihei we printed with our 'ohe kapala stamps and presented an element of the design created by Hawaiian designer Sig Zane and his son Kuha'o. Sig came up with the concept and carved the 'ohe kapala stamps, and Kuha'o, as graphic designer, put the eight stamped designs together to print on fabric. The result is full of meaning, a special design custom-made for our hotels.
This is my 'ohe kapala stamp and the design I stamped on my kihei. This is what I wrote about it:
Here is a photo of our general manager Jim presenting the scrapbook I made to Kuha'o, Nalani and Sig Zane.
This is my 'ohe kapala stamp and the design I stamped on my kihei. This is what I wrote about it:
Ula’na
Weaving
The lauhala weave design has always appealed to me…I like the intricacy and complexity, the way the leaves need to fit evenly to create the design. It reflects my personality in a lot of ways…liking things to balance, have structure, be neat and organized. The weaving also symbolizes to me the blending of cultures in my family – Japanese, Filipino, Hawaiian.
Weaving
The lauhala weave design has always appealed to me…I like the intricacy and complexity, the way the leaves need to fit evenly to create the design. It reflects my personality in a lot of ways…liking things to balance, have structure, be neat and organized. The weaving also symbolizes to me the blending of cultures in my family – Japanese, Filipino, Hawaiian.
No comments:
Post a Comment