Monday, May 4, 2009

"Flat Stanley" Comes to Hawaii to Visit

My penpal Yvonne's daughter Arianna sent me a "Flat Stanley." We are supposed to keep him for a week and then send him back with a letter telling what he did while he was visiting.

This is based on a book and it is a literacy project. This is the first picture, taken outside our house. We do have a nice view of the Koolau Mountains, even though it is very voggy today. Took several pictures, trying to figure out the best way to show him and the background. In one, I noticed I was holding his crotch, so deleted that one. This is an elementary school project.

Yvonne and I have been penpals since high school. I think I wrote to her first, after seeing her penpal request in a Osmonds fan magazine! Over 30 years, and we have never met in person yet. Looking forward to meeting her and her family one day!

Well, Flat Stanley, what else would you like to do this week?

No comments: