Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Project Life'

I decided to do Becky Higgins' "Project Life" this year, getting the kit from Amazon.com.  Since 2011 will have several milestones, it seemed like a good year to document.  Week 1 is complete (January 1-8) and I actually had a few extra pictures.  I was wondering if I would be able to find things to take photos of to document.  I find myself seeing unusual things (like license plates, for instance) and think about taking a picture.  It's not really anything to do with OUR life, but it's interesting.  Here are some of the pics I put in the book for Week 1:

Photo of my desk Monday morning, January 3...Diet Coke (no coffee in the morning for me), family photos (including one of baby Ryan), my computer with the Kamehameha Band at Kapiolani Park Bandstand after the Aloha Week Parade as the desktop background, my planner, and maybe a little too much Hello Kitty action going on.  Totoro is there too (it's actually a tote bag stuffed into a Totoro).



Kinda funny, but we (especially Darrell) have been obsessed with bubble drinks lately.  Not sure how it all started...I know Ryan and I had them when we went out to Foodland.  Windward City Shopping Center has a snack shop that makes really good bubble drinks.  Somehow Darrell got into it too; maybe he had one every day last week?  And when we were watching TV, a Koko Marina Shopping Center ad comes on and he says, "They have bubble drinks."  Too cute.  These honeydew ones were from Pearlridge on Saturday.  And apparently Darrell and Ryan had bubble drinks today on the way home from the bus stop at Windward Mall...and they didn't get me one.


As part of the penalty for his FIRST speeding ticket (not to be confused with the SECOND one he got while Darrell was in the hospital), Ryan had to complete a "Defensive Driving" course.  He could have gone to the 8-hour class held over two mornings at the downtown office or we could pay $89 for him to go to a 6-hour class at Leeward Community College on a Saturday.  I opted for the latter so he wouldn't have to miss any school.

He really enjoyed it.  The instructor Gary Au is a retired policeman and made it fun.  And Ryan made friends with the other speeders in the class.  What does he take away from the class?  "Hey mom I wasn't THAT bad, only going 68...one guy was going 80-something mph and another guy was clocked at 93."  Uh-huh.

Made him take a photo with his certificate of completion, which he didn't want to do.  Then when he saw the pic, he asked me to post it on Facebook so he could make it his profile.  I asked if he wanted me to crop it so just his face was showing, but NO, he wants the certificate showing too.  Uh-huh.

We go back to court on June 3 to turn in the certificate, then hopefully we're done with this.  And he better not be doing any more reckless driving.

Saturday was a good day though...after dropping Ryan off at LCC, Darrell and I had breakfast at Zippy's Waiau, then went to my annual Ob-Gyn checkup.  I've been going to my doctor since 1986 and he delivered Ryan.  I feel lucky that he was my doctor; I had an infection probably due to meconium in the amniotic fluid, and when Ryan was born, his APGAR score wasn't that good, but it went up a few minutes later.  Other babies die when there is infection; we were so fortunate that Ryan was healthy.

Darrell and I walked around Pearlridge while waiting for Ryan to finish class and got bubble drinks.  Then we all had lunch at Chun Wah Kam in Kapolei (Ryan's request).  It was much better than the other times we've gone.  Then a quick stop at Target (got me Taylor Swift CDs) and then home to rest a bit since Ryan worked that night.

So Week 1 of 2011 was documented in "Project Life."  Work (yearend closing), Darrell's doctor appointments (would you believe 6 doctors in a week?), my doctor appointment, Ryan's last semester in high school (and he LOVES his classes so far), and bubble drinks.

So far for Week 2, I just have a couple of pics.  Well, it's only Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is a bubble drink? Never heard of it...
Hopefully you also made Ryan pay the $89 for the 6-hour class!