Saturday, January 29, 2011

so what have I been up to?

I've been doing "Project Life," a really great way to scrapbook.  Finished three weeks of documenting our life (well, mostly my life since my guys have not been contributing much).  This is what it looks like...special page protectors that fit four 4"x6" photos and four wallet-size photos or cards.  The kit came with printed cards that fit in the 4"x6" slot to note the week and smaller cards to do journaling. 
 In the page at the right about Ryan's job at Bull Kogi, I included a receipt from the meal I bought.

In this page, I included business cards from the places we went to eat.

And I wanted to take a pic of Ryan wearing 3-D glasses in front of the "Green Hornet" sign but had to make do with the movie ticket.

The process has made me more observant about what we do and experience.

Ryan will usually look at my pages every week.  But then he asked me if I was planning to do Project Life next year.  He said I wouldn't have much to document since he was planning to move out after graduation.  He has a plan to get a house to rent with his friends and work and go to UH.  We'll see...  He thinks he's all grown-up, then forgets to bring his computer to school when he has a paper due and has to get his dad to bring it to school.  Or he forgets to wash his work uniform and has to get his dad to do it.  Still has a ways to go before he's ready to be totally independent.  And I will miss him too much if he moves out.

No comments: