I'm glad Ryan was able to join us…he actually
had to work later at his catering job (welcome to a food & beverage career, working holidays) but was able to have brunch with us.
It was actually only seven of us, with Aunty Shige.
I miss the big family gatherings for every occasion we used to have on both Mom and Dad's sides of the family when my grandparents were alive, and I feel bad that Ryan only gets to experience this at Christmas.
First holiday without Mom, Ryan working and possibly missing brunch, Darrell not feeling well, stressing at work with auditors and my assistant on vacation…lots of reasons for not looking forward to the holiday. We had also planned to have dinner with Darrell's niece and sister and family so I ordered a Thanksgiving meal from my work place, but those plans fell through. So I was really not feeling the holiday…didn't even feel up to my annual pumpkin crunch baking.
But glad we got to go out and celebrate the holiday together.
So thankful for my family and that we are healthy.
So grateful for friends and the sweet Thanksgiving texts all day.
And glad Ryan was able to get off work early and stop by to pick up the Thanksgiving meal so that he and his roommates could enjoy dinner together. So fortunate he has good friends that love and support him.
And I had to post this accidental photo from brunch because I just liked the unposed-ness of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment