Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ryan's MySpace Page

Ryan has been taking photos of himself to use on his MySpace page. Pretty cool moody shots. He has it set to "Private" so he needs to allow you to see the actual website. I did check it out, as well as some of his friends' pages and was kinda shocked at the language. One of his classmates (a girl) had posted a broadcast that said "Wanna f**k?" (of course, the word was spelled out). I told Ryan, what kind of 14-year-old sends out a message like that??? He said that people do it to get attention. Again, what kind of "attention" does a 14-year-old expect to get when she broadcasts a message like that??? Then I started looking at his friends' pages and he accused me of stalking his friends. Just wanted to make sure the people he is communicating with are his school friends and that he knows everyone. He says he knows better than to chat with strangers, but parents need to be vigilant (even when their kids think it's "uncool"...or is the word "uncool" uncool?). I feel old sometimes.

This is what Ryan writes about himself: "Dont Get Pissed If I Tell You Hip-Hop Sucks. Its Your Fault For Listening To Shitty Music. Oh Yea, And I Hate Happy People."Male 14 years old City of Rain, Hawaii United States

Good grief!

No comments: