Just had to post today because of the date...
Should I wait until 10:10 pm to hit "Publish Post" or is that just a little crazy :)?
So to continue with my exhausting week...
Darrell's new antibiotic pills are really strong and making him feel junk. So he's grouchy.
I asked Ryan to drive Darrell to his doctor appointment on Friday since Ryan's on fall break. They wound up getting into an argument so Ryan called me to grumble about it all and I had to try to calm him down.
Then Ryan called me while I was in a meeting...I thought he was calling me to tell me he was going out since he was supposed to go to a birthday party. But when he called more than once I picked up, feeling that something was wrong. He had been pulled over by a policeman while driving on Likelike, going 67 mph in a 35 mph zone. He was mad with his dad and had cruise control on and didn't slow down when the speed limit changed. Instead of a fine, he has to report to court on Nov 4 with his mom! He was freaking out when he called me, especially anticipating that I would be so angry. I was mad, but relieved that he was ok. Hopefully he will learn from this experience. And he is grounded, indefinitely, no driving. Not sure what will happen in court though... he asked if he has to go to jail. I've only had one speeding ticket so far and I got it when I was 47. And I've never had a parking ticket so far. With less than a year with a license, Ryan has had both. Hopefully this won't increase our insurance rates even more.
Saturday was another busy day...had to get Ryan up to go to take his SAT at Kamehameha. Then took Darrell to his doctor appointment, went to another doctor's office to get his prescriptions in order, went to pick up his IV antibiotics from another doctor, then picked up bandages from the medical supply store. Rushed over to Kamehameha Shopping Center (aka "Kam Shop" by the kids) to get Ryan Jamba Juice for lunch since he was going straight from the SAT to band practice. Then got Darrell home so he could rest. We were supposed to go to the football game but I decided to stay home to make sure Darrell ate dinner; the meds are taking away his appetite. Hopefully the acidophilus will help.
Spent all day today at my aunty's house helping her get ready for a garage sale next Saturday. Will be selling some of my stuff as well. Exhausting, sweaty day, and I didn't get any of my own chores done, except one load of wash.
Kinda sad that my aunty's house, which was my grandparents' house, is not going to be our family's house anymore. This is the house we grew up in and spent so much time in with our family.
Ryan is going crazy right now because he hasn't seen his iPod since Friday afternoon, after the speeding debacle.
Darrell seems to be feeling better, hopefully his appetite will improve.
Not a fan of Sunday nights... wish I had the holiday off tomorrow.
Heading into another busy week...deadlines at work, more doctor appointments for Darrell, band meeting, garage sale and band tournament.
No comments:
Post a Comment