Saturday, October 2, 2010

just what I needed

It was one of those days...

Since I had to stay home with Darrell (who has to stay off his feet following surgery yesterday), I decided I should get the many chores done.

I go to empty the trash in the kitchen and find the trash bag leaked somehow and I had to go wash out the trash can.


I start vacuuming and stuff starts shooting out instead of being sucked in.  (The hose got disconnected.)

I start to do laundry and found out Ryan's brand-new WHITE very expensive Sig Zane shirt is so dirty and stained from the game last night.  They played at Aloha Stadium so not sure how all the mud got on the shirt.  He may have laid his tuba down on the muddy ground during practice before the game, then just picked it up and put it on for the game.  But there was a muddy shoe print on the bottom too...could see the tread mark and all.  Had to spray stain remover and scrub it...it didn't come out totally though.

So was encountering obstacle after obstacle, and was totally getting into the FML-woe-is
-me-ms.-crankypants mood when a box of Hello Kitty cuteness was delivered to my door.  Thank you to my best friend Karen, who knows I am currently having a HK obsession.  She sent this cute big HK bag, a shopping bag and a little HK doll to hang from a bag (or in the car).  It all just made me smile, totally brightened my day.  Karen, you are the best!

After admiring everything, I went back to sweating and chores, though I left some for tomorrow too.  Hopefully things will go a little more smoothly tomorrow.

No comments: