Our visit to Tokyo Disney Sea didn't start out well...it rained, and not just a drizzle but a full-on downpour. Picked up ponchos outside the park to cover up but I was still worried about Darrell's foot getting wet. Then we got inside and signed up for a scooter again, but the ones at Disney Sea were duds. They moved sooooo slow. We tried one, then went back and tried another, but that one wasn't much better. We met up with the Kamehameha Elementary School Children's Chorus, who were performing at Disney Sea, but the poor kids got soaked. See all the raincoats and even an umbrella in the audience? When I looked at the photo closely I could even see the raindrops. They were troopers though, totally professional. And luckily Jan and Craig found a couple of umbrellas on the train over to meet us, so these helped keep us (mostly) dry.

Our cousin Derek was traveling with the Children's Chorus, accompanying them on the bass guitar, and we got to see him briefly and have lunch together. We hardly ever see him in Hawaii so it was cool that we got to meet up with him in Japan.
The neat part about Disney Sea was that their "parades" are on the water. Here are Mickey and Minnie on their boat. See that all the characters have matching raingear? So cute!

A cool thing about the Japanese Disney parks is their flavored popcorn and the cute containers they come in. I picked up the
kawaii Winnie the Pooh container at Disneyland the day before and it had honey-flavored popcorn. I didn't care for that at all and gave it away. But I refilled it with curry-flavored popcorn at Disney Sea and that was yum! I hardly got to eat any though because Ryan ate most of it. I REALLY wanted to try the black-pepper-flavored popcorn but my container was still full and I didn't want to buy another since I wasn't sure how I was going to bring them home. But now I really wish I had gotten the "Duffy" bear container that was shaped like a wicker picnic basket. Oh well, maybe next time?! Jan picked up a "Duffy" bear as a souvenir.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment