What a long week.
On Sunday I continued the chores. After reconnecting the vacuum hose I noticed that it still wasn't working properly. There was a whole bunch of stuff stuck in the hose. A few months back I was ready to chuck the vacuum cleaner because it wasn't sucking at all. We found out there was a SOCK in the hose. (Don't ask...have no idea. It wasn't me.). Got that out but after that there was another blockage and crap kept piling up behind it until the vacuum just stopped working. Got the idea to turn the vacuum upside down so that gravity might help. That wound up blowing dust ALL OVER. Fun times. Darrell and I just cracked up. I finally got the hose disconnected and had to go outside to use the garden hose (and the power attachment) to force the stuckage out. It worked! Should have taken a picture...the stuff that came out looked like three BIG dead rats in the driveway. Who knew housekeeping could be so exciting? That must be why I don't do enough of it.
Monday: worked all day then had to rush to a Tournament of Bands meeting. Very productive...which meant that it ran till almost 9 PM.
Tuesday: another busy day at work then had to rush to a band booster exec board meeting. Got home at almost 9 PM.
Wednesday: Ryan's fall break began but he had a rehearsal for Senior Luau. He and his friends Kaala and Joel are performing. Darrell dropped his Blackberry Storm in the toilet (he told me it "doesn't work.". I ask if he got it wet. He says "maybe.". Finally got it out of him how it got wet. Luckily it is insured so a replacement is coming tomorrow.). I got a TB test done at school for volunteer screening. Turns out I had a reaction to the bandaid...my arm is red around the TB test in the shape of the bandaid. Then after work had to go to drop off a Miche Bag order across the stadium. Right after I left my customer calls to tell me something is wrong. Then I went to watch the school band practice at Kunuiakea Stadium. Ryan is acting as drum major for the practices this week while the drum major is on a vacation. Got home after 10 PM. Then waited up for Ryan, who got home around midnight after going out to eat after practice.
Thursday (today): stressful day trying to get the band booster club parents' email update out with an updated schedule and lots of news about upcoming events. Practice again after work...came home to pick up Darrell, had a quick dinner then went to watch practice. Their field show is really coming together...finally got to see all four acts of the show played right through and Ryan did a great job conducting. Left school at 10 PM. Blogging while waiting for Ry to get home.
It's almost Friday...but it's another busy weekend. Ryan is taking the SAT Saturday morning, followed by practice and a football game. Darrell has a doctor's appointment then we go up to watch practice and help get the band's dinner together before the game.
TGIF...
No comments:
Post a Comment